Sunday, October 17, 2010

What's with Clothing Stores These Days?

The new Barney's CO-OP on Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn, NY opened October 14th and I took a trip there this weekend to check-in and see how things were going.


New shoppers were greeted by a denim shark in the window display. It was a very handsome shark... he must have good jeans.
I love how the mannequins were just "hanging out" like they were shopping, too.
Even the jewelry was laid out perfectly in its case. The only problem with the store was that there was NO SHOE SECTION...
...And then I found myself at an Urban Outfitters a few store fronts down the street and this is what THEIR shoes section looked like...
So, thank you, Barney's CO-OP for your new, immaculate store with beautiful displays and top-drawer atmosphere, but please, reevaluate your offerings and take a step toward a broader assortment. And to you, Urban Outfitters, you have a sole problem and I think I know which department you should look in.

No comments: